Sunday, June 28, 2009

Neil Update

Dear Family June27,2009

Do you remember that song, June is busting out all over, I guess in some ways June 2009 did bust out all over with rain storms and cool weather. There was, however, the usual flowers and gardens and everyone’s gardens looked great, that is except my few rows of peas. I think they have grown to about four inches tall and then they stalled. So, no peas at my house this year. But black and red currents, I have a bumper crop. I have picked and Sharon and Charlene have picked and yet there are still currents to be picked. If all goes well they should all be in the freezer next week. Did everyone see the article in the Readers Digest about black currents telling how wonderful they are?
I did however take time out from picking and mowing to so as my doctor recommended and went and seen a skin doctor. This doctor Parkinson decided I had a thing on my forehead that needed to be removed. So as it turned out I now know what it is like to have a face lift. Or in this case a forehead lift. Only problem is so that both sides of my head will match I now need a tuck on the other side of my forehead. Oh well I’m sure I will be happy with it just as it is. The young woman who was over seeing the sewing up said “Perfect”. I told her that I remembered another time when a doctor and nurse pronounced one of my wounds perfect that when my wife got to see it she did not think it was so perfect. As I recall she expressed her feelings rather loudly. But then I guess it did not matter since I could cover that wound up with my pants.
Enough about wounds and berries, I went with Charlene and Van to see Marc, Cami and Jordan a week or so ago. It was a wonderful drive. Everything was so green that is everything but the farmer’s hay that was down and the farmers were hoping that it would stop raining long enough for the hay to dry. We had a wonderful visit. I hope that everyone is well.
Love, Neil

What is this?

3 comments:

  1. I recognized it right away as a separator, too. When we lived in Altona, we had a great big one like the one up above, that was run by a gasoline engine. When we moved to Myton, we had a table model. They are probably both in the junk yard now. Where did you find that one, Neil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was in Altomont. Charlene and I was going lunch and there it was growing some kind of plants. Do you remember the steam separator at Myton? Neil

    ReplyDelete