Monday, April 26, 2010

Dear Family

Dear Family April 23, 2010


I’m sending you this note a little early this month due to my up coming departure for Hawaii. Up to this point most of the month has been spent getting things ready for the summer gardening and the watering system. I have had a hose or two to replace and a sprinkler head or two to replace. I must say my muscles are not used to this work and the getting up and down. They, my muscles, are sure complaining and otherwise letting me know that I have been doing some activities that I have not had to do for a while. My lawn is growing like crazy and I have not been able to cut it because my mower is at the repair shop getting a tune up. By the time I get home from Hawaii I will have a good crop of grass.

Say, that was a great rain storm we had Tuesday. That will sure help things grow. My peas are up and growing but as yet I have not dared set out the tomato plants Reed gave me. These plants are out growing their containers.

We, Jason, Brian and I made a trip to Myton last Saturday. While there we decided to burn the ditch bank off. This got kind of interesting. Just when we got the fire going a wind decided to come up and help the fire along. There was a time when it might have got away from us, but I stood my ground like a good fireman and stopped it before it burned up the bridge and maybe half of Myton. I don’t think Brian wanted me to set any more fires but I did. This time however, with more control. I hope this message finds everyone well. Next time I will tell you all about my trip to Hawaii.

Do take care,

Love,

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment