Monday, April 26, 2010

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal

Friday April 11, 1980


(Justin’s Birthday) Cold, Work again. I Worked from 8:15 to 8:45. Part of this was taking my report to Jeanie. She lives in the house Dad and I admire. It is built against the hill in the rocks. We had to wait a while for her to come home. (While we waited) We made out my time sheet for her to send off. Then I worked from 6:30 to 8:45. Would have done one more (farm) but couldn’t get the people to answer the door.

LaVora called to see if Dad had gotten word of the Silver Beaver yet. Brother Heaton said it was official and to bring Dad’s picture for the paper.



Saturday April 12, 1980

A beautiful day! Dad gives out when he goes to do the yard. So Archie came and finished tilling the garden, then he (Dad) and I finished cleaning the yard.

At 2:30 we went to the hospital to have Dad’s blood pressure checked. It is fine, but Dr. Shup told him he would call to see if he should take another water pill.

Dad received his official word about his Silver Beaver. So we went to Heatons to pick up tickets. We bought eight but probably need more. We had a letter from Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment