Monday, April 5, 2010

Dear Family

Dear Family February 24, 2010


Just a line or two to let everyone know that I’m still around. There has not been a lot going on other than the usual things like church meetings, reading, planning or day dreaming and once in awhile watching the Olympics.

As far as my church calling, I’m still trying to figure out what it is that I should be doing. I have been reading a book that Reed gave me. It is titled “He Restoreth My Soul”. It is a rather sobering read. I find the author quite fascinating. In the evening I have been watching some of the Olympics. I have seen quite a bit of the ice skating competition. I find it quite interesting how easily they glide around and do all of their, sometimes scary moves. I used to think I was doing good to just stand up on a pair of ice skates. Oh well we had fun. As far as the day dreaming is concerned, what I’m thinking of is warmer days. This has been a cold winter. But then to keep from feeling sorry for myself I just take note of the temperatures in the Basin. Then, like the girl says in “The Sound of Music”, I don’t feel so bad.

As I noted last month it was my intention to write somewhat about my Grandmother Atta Armelia Ashby Murray. In preparation for my self assigned topic I had conversations with LaVora and Charlene. Each had a lot of memories to share. LaVora and I of course first hand and Charlene’s through the eyes and memories of her Grandmother, our Mother Anna Mary Winkler Murray. For this month we have included Charlene’s writing about her thoughts and feelings and Testimony. I hope everyone enjoys her account.



Love, Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment