Monday, April 5, 2010

Dear Family

Dear Family March 27, 2010


Hello to everyone, from my little part of the world. From here I have had the opportunity to experience warm and cold days, snowy and rainy days and all of the usual things that happen in the month of March. With all of this going on I managed to spade my little garden area, have managed to have my trees pruned and the limbs hauled away. The leaves are coming out on the current bushes, the buds are swelling on the cherry and apple trees and the lawn is getting green and as a result I can see nothing but a lot of work. The thing that keeps me going is the thought of the harvest in the fall.

Around the 12th of March we managed to get all of the family together, those who were available and wanted to go, and attended the Disney on Ice – Worlds of Fantasy. This turned out to be a fun activity. The show was good but it was more fun to watch the facial expressions and gestures of the little ones and the young at hearts. That made it all worth while. We were pleased that it could happen at a time when those members of the family living out of State could be here with us. Our family filled two complete rows. Like the man said who sold me the ticket, “Your can have your own cheering section.” And we did.

Well I’m getting to the point where I’m thinking about Hawaii since it is now less than a month before departure date. I hope I can have most of my yard work done before we go, but right now the weather is not being very cooperative. I’m not sure if it is just conference week end or if winter is back or both. I wanted to put dormant oil on my fruit trees this week end but it looks like it is going to snow and rain all week end. Then it is cold too. Oh, things will work out, they always do, one way or another. I hope all is well with your families. Do take care.

Love, Neil

Jerry LaVora Dewey Neil Darrell

1 comment: