Wednesday, July 7, 2010

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal

Saturday 17, 1980


I worked in the raspberries, meant to get the ironing done but didn’t. Oh, I finished the binding on the quilt before I did anything. We went gathering asparagus. We really found some good ones. Dad got caught in the fence and had to shed his sweater. He said he called but I didn’t hear him. LaVora called this evening. Stacy was going to the Junior Prom. Wish we could have seen her. I crocheted a little before going to bed. I don’t know if Dad will feel like going to conference tomorrow or not.



Sunday 18, 1980

Dad said he would try going to conference. Sister Roberts called for a ride. The other widows went with Sadie. We enjoyed conference even if Dad did get tired. Keith Mortensen found us seats in the Chapel. When we came out we could not find the car. Doctor Condie told us to wait until everyone left then we could find it. I told Dad where it was but he did not think so. But we went the way I wanted to go and there it was. Dad was really tired so he rested remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment