Thursday, July 8, 2010

From Neil

Dear LaVora June 26, 2010


This past week I received an e-mail from Jane, Uncle Boyd and Aunt Ardis’ daughter. As I read it, I could not help but be grateful for the time Boyd and I was able to spend together while working on the Altonah Cemetery. It was good to be able to get reacquainted with my Uncle Boyd and Uncle Lee. It was good to hear from Jane and to learn something about what is going on in their lives.

As for me I guess one might call me a gardener of a sort. My crops, however, are limited to apples, cherries, peas and currents. I guess I’m a generous person because I share with the birds and bugs. Maybe “share” is not correct for between the bugs and birds they have claimed the cherries and they have their eyes on the apples. The birds and I are challenging each other to see who gets the most currents. The peas, they are three feet high and growing. And yes the birds like these too. Oh well Mother said her father, our grandfather Winkler, used to say he raised enough for him and the birds too. I guess that is alright but I did not expect them to bring all of their friends and relatives.



Have a good month.



Love, Uncle Neil

 
 
My pea patch June 29, 2010

1 comment:

  1. I am so delighted to discover your family's blog! Time and distance have not been kind to keeping track of extended family.

    Hopefully all is well with you all. I see that you are scheduled for a family reunion this weekend. Have a wonderful time! May the Lord bless you all!

    Kathy Murray Lobo
    Portland, Oregon
    (Daughter of Boyd and Ardis Murray)

    ReplyDelete