Wednesday, July 7, 2010

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal

Saturday 7, 1980


I called Jeanie and awakened her. I wanted to report my time that I put in Friday. I told her about Harold Groves. Dad tried to get the pump to go and it was just a little stream. So he said we would have to go to Basin Builders to get another set of fixtures. After we got a few more things done we went over and picked up the things. Dad was too tired to do anything about it as we had hoed in the garden all morning. So he went to sleep. Paul Self was over by the Reed trailer so I called him over. He primed the pump and got a little bigger stream and told me to put dough around the pipe where it goes into the pump. Then he went home. I made the dough and put it on. Alice Hayden was here watching me. Boy it did the trick. The water really flew. We were happy that Dad didn’t have to do all that work over.

I called Mrs. Rogers to see if Van and Charlene had arrived. They hadn’t. But they came about five O’ clock. We fixed supper and made beds. Van and I put the baby bed in our room. Soon we were all settled for the night. I was the last to go to bed as I baked the bread. Van had the heel of one loaf with butter and honey on it.



Sunday 8, 1980

We all went to church. (I was up first as I wanted to pick some flowers to take up, and get dinner on to cook.) Sacrament meeting was Pam Brokaw’s farewell meeting. It was nice. I forgot my purse so couldn’t give her any money. So after meeting I came down to get it. Louse Roberts had forgotten her purse too. So she rode down with me to get it. We enjoyed La Rue Lambs lesson and Floy Johnson gave a good Relief Society lesson too. I forgot my flowers so Dad and I went back to them. Charlene and Van set the table and put the carrots on. Soon we were enjoying our dinner. They had to put the dishes all in the dishwasher before they could go. Soon, they were on their way. We enjoyed them so very much. Hope they come back soon. Little Marc liked me from far away. He cried if I took him but would laugh at me while his mother had him. He is such a lovely baby. After they left we had a little nap. Jeanie Brown couldn’t find Harold Groves Census paper so Dad and I went up at five o’clock and I made a new one. La Dene was really nice. She is having a new house made soon and wants us to come to the Home Warming.

We went to visit Fred Todd, his daughter Nancy and her husband, Doug. Then we went over to tell Paul Self how well the dough worked on the pump. Alice Hayden came over and I told her I found another loaf of whole wheat bread. This was after Charlene left.

No comments:

Post a Comment