Thursday, October 28, 2010

Neil Update

Dear Family September 24, 2010




It once again is that time of the month when I should be thinking newsletter. The month has gone by so fast that I really have to think to remember if I did or accomplished anything worth while. Lets see now, there was a work day at Myton, not much rain in September, trying to be a ward mission leader, Jerry and Marylyn are back in Utah, Tahnee and her room mate spent a night with me and Deward, with may others received the silver Beaver Award.



I think Charlene has reported on the activities at Myton. We did a lot of cleaning, blind hanging and tree and shrub trimming so that now we have a lot of stuff to haul away. I have been trying to find out from Myton City when they are planning City clean up day. So far all I got from them is “we have not discussed it”. I did find out, however, that the period when it is legal to burn ends October 15.

My, this has been a dry summer. We did get a fair rain, maybe two tenths of an inch, Wednesday, I think. It was welcome to us and I’m sure the people in the Harriman area, where they had the big bush fire, appreciated it. For those who do not know this fire started at camp Williams due to machine gun practice. They were fortunate that only two or three homes were lost, but that fact does not help those who lost homes.

I’m still trying to figure out what a Ward Mission Leader is supposed to do. I have been doing a lot of visiting and just about have a handle on where people live and rather or not they are members. I kind of decided that part of the job was to growl at people. I tried this in Ward Council meeting last month. I’m not sure it did any good but then it may be a good way to get released.

Jerry and Marylyn stopped in, I guess, a week ago. They were on their way to CostCo’s. Then last Thursday they stopped by and took me to the Temple with them. It was a good session and I think for once I was able to stay awake.

I also had house guests a week or so ago. Anneli’s daughter, Tahnee and her room mate were here for a night. They told me they were lending moral support to one of their friends who was getting married in the Timpunogos Temple.

On the seventeenth we were able to spend most of the afternoon at the Provo Tabernacle as we attended the B S A Silver Beaver awards program. The speaker was Coach LaVell Edwards and we were pleased to witness Deward’s receiving the Silver Beaver Award. It was a long but rewarding experience.



All in all it has been a good month.

Love, Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment