Wednesday, October 27, 2010

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal




Monday, August 4 1980

Everyone survived the night. Jerry and the youngsters prepared the truck and loaded for the fishing trip. They left about 10:30. After they had gone we discovered they hadn’t taken the spare tire. So we put it in the car and thought we might catch them at Bud’s. We went up thee Ioka lane as far as the old Benson place and gave up and came back to Bud’s and ask if they had stopped there. We weren’t sure where they were going. We were just ready to come home to worry, when they drove up. They had discovered they didn’t have the tire. We tried to get them to have some lunch but they decided to go on. I worked on my Visiting Teaching lesson for tomorrow night and ask Marylyn to help me. It was surely quiet around there with just little Jennifer. I made pies. Something went wrong with my crust. It isn’t so good. I worried about Jerry trying to fish and take care of five youngsters. But I ask Heavenly Father to protect then and calm me down. He answered.



Tuesday, August 5, 1980

About all we did was prepare meals and work on the lesson. We fixed supper and were about ready to go to Relief Society when our fisherman returned. The lesson went over fine. Then Marylyn and I excused ourselves and came home to feed our family. Della Kynaston brought us some corn. Bless her heart. So we had corn with our supper. Jerry enjoyed it. Soon everyone was in bed. It was too hot upstairs and the girls found a worm in the quilts they had in the hills. So we fixed them a bed in our room on the floor. Lisa wanted to hear about Deward’s death. So I got my Honor Badge book out and read to them about the family that I had written about each member. It was nearly mid night before we finished. So we had our prayer and went to bed. Jerry came down to see what was going on.

Darrell Kay  - Yellowstone River  - Utah  1959

No comments:

Post a Comment