Friday, September 11, 2009

From Neil



August 31, 2009

Dear Family

In our family August was a month of highs and lows. We had a sad event take place in Ella’s family that was a downer but yet there were a few bright spots as well. Thank Heavens for that. It is like I used to tell Ella, when I was Bishop and when I returned home from whereever I had been, and she reported to me the things that had happened while I was away, if at least half of the report could be good news or at least positive, we could make it through the challenges that come with the job.
The first of the month Ella’s sister, Vera’s son, Michael and his wife Myrna’s son, took his own life. He left a wife and a young son. I think they had only been married since 2003. It was a very tragic thing. Death is always difficult to deal with but a situation like this is even harder.
The rest of the month went by with us watering and mowing lawns and other related things. The 29th, however, we did step things up a little and make our way to the Myton homestead to do a little clean up. There was a great representation from all of the families. We cut, trimmed, pulled and piled weeds, trees and shrubs. I also cleaned the sprinkler heads that I could find. I was surprised that there were a few heads that I did not find. I guess that means that I will have to make another trip to locate them after Amanda waters and locates the heads for me. I just hope they are still there. After our labor we made our way to the Frontier Café and had dinner. Yes, we even had scones. On the way home Deward had to drive up the Ioka lane to the Revola dugway and then drive through Arcadia. It was a good day. Today, however, I’m feeling some muscles that I guess I have not used for a while.
Sunday, Dewey and Beverly stopped in for a few minutes. They were on their way to Arizona. Jerry and Marylyn came just as they were leaving. So our visit was quite short. Jerry and Marylyn went to church with me. The visit with them was short but it was a quality visit.
I hope everyone is well, Love you

Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment