Friday, September 11, 2009

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal

Friday, August 8, 1980

I hacked out the big weeds on the road by Davis’. Ardis and Iris had cut the lawn sometime before but these weeds were too big for the mower. I worked a while then laid in the shade to rest. Soon I had them down. It looks better. Dad cut grass in the ditch. I also quilted some during the day and paid the bills. Fred came up to have me tell him about his Insurance papers.
Neil and Ella came. We visited then went to Roosevelt to change their garments for new style ones. Ella bought some for their families. I bought one pair to try. But Dad didn’t want any. We stopped for them to visit Fay at the L & L. While we waited we saw a mounted deformed lamb. It had one head, eight legs, and two hind parts with a tail on each end. The one hind part was right under the head. One lamb seemed perfectly formed with the other in the front. Soon Ella and Neil were gone too. Sorry they missed Jerry and the family.

Monday, August 18, 1980

It is Wilmer’s 77th birthday. I wanted to go to see how his blood is but he didn’t want to go. He didn’t get even a card from me, but I made him a good dinner and a chocolate sheet cake. This is what he wanted. He received a card from Grace and one from Verona. Also made two apple pies and put them in the deep freeze. Dad weeded a while, while I picked currents. I picked a few ears of corn for Kay Dennis and gave her some cucumbers and took some cucumbers to Doris. Velma and Ross called Wilmer and sang happy birthday to him. Then Sara and Claude called him. Ruth just called and wants some corn. We had just settled down to sleep when Darrell called for Dads birthday. Dewey called. It was nice to hear from all of them. I wonder how the Jerry’s are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment