Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Neil



September 26, 2009

Dear Family

Where has this summer gone? It seems like it just passed me by. I did, however, get a trip or two to Myton as well as a trip to Idaho and a picnic up Provo Canyon. Oh, yes, I got the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting.
As you know the trips to Myton were work projects. Over the past two years the trees and other vegetation regrowth has about turned our place into a jungle. After three trips and after several members of the family were turned loose with trimmers, pruners and chain saws there are not as many trees etc., now as there was. Dewey, Jerry and I spent a day in Myton. We did a lot more cutting and clearing. Jerry got on the chain saw, Dewey got on the weed trimmer and I got pair of pruners. We added to the pile of tree limbs. Now we need to find a time to go out and haul them off. While we were out there I had planned on treating Dewey and Jerry at the Frontier but Jerry brought each of us a Hershey bar. This got us by until we got back to Orem and we all went to the Sizzler for Dinner. Curtisy of Dewey and Beverly.
It has been nice to have Jerry and Marylyn close by and Dewey and Beverly stayed with me for a few days. While Dewey and Beverly were here we frequented the restraints a number of times. This one day Jerry and Marylyn took us to a camp ground up Provo Canyon for a picnic. The camp site they choose had lots of trees and a nice stream of water running past our picnic sight. It was really a present afternoon. Then all too soon Dewey and Beverly were gone. Jerry and Marylyn say they will be here until the end of the month or until it snow which ever comes first.
And, yes, I did get to speak in Sacrament meeting two weeks ago. When it came my turn to speak the member of the Bishopric conducting held up five fingers which meant “you can take five minutes.” I told the congregation that I felt like I was on the High Council again. So much for my opportunities, but you know, I did not mind.
Bruce and a friend stopped in last Saturday. It was good to see him. I’m glad he was able to take a few minutes with me.
Do take care.
Love, Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment