Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Anna and Wilmer's Journal

Thursday, September 13, 1979

This Journal was given to me by our son Neil and his wife Ella and family. I finished my 1971-79 Diary yesterday; dad gave me for Christmas December 1978. LaVora is here with us. She washed the upstairs windows inside and outside. I washed the curtains from our room. They come out beautifully. LaVora put one back while Dad and I hung the others on the line. I meant to bring them in before we t to Roosevelt but forgot.
We went to do a little shopping then went to see Alice, as it is her birthday today. She is 82. No one was home, so we left our card and the ones Alice and Thelma Mathews gave us to give to her, and went through the cedars to Bluebell. This road always has many memories. We pointed out to LaVora where we had the camp wagon where we spent the first months of our marriage herding goats for Uncle John Ashby. Then we stopped to see Verona, but she wasn’t home. (We) stopped at Ronnie’s Store, Velma had gone home but we did see Bruce and one of Gary’s girls. No one was home at Bernard’s or Velma’s so we went on to Altonah through Clay Basin. It had been a long time since LaVora had gone that way. We visited with Lester and then came back home. My curtains had blown partly off the line but were ok. LaVora wanted to put up the peaches Clyde brought last night but I told her there was another day. She has worked so hard to help us before she goes back home. We really love and appreciate her. Wish she didn’t have to go back so soon. Dad made a fire in the fireplace. We visited and had a snack while we enjoyed it. I don’t write so good while I’m in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment