Saturday, August 1, 2009

Story Time From Neil

August 1, 2009

Another story about cars: I was just wondering, how many miles do you get on a set of tires? I recall in the 1950s, on my blue Buick I could expect about 1200 miles. Then going back a few more years I think they measured it in miles per tire. I remember this one day when we were on our way to visit our grandparents in Altonah that we had had several flat tires and dad had gone through the procedure of removing the tire from the car and making the necessary repairs on the tire putting the tire back on the car and driving on. I’m not quite sure where we were when as dad was fixing the tire for the umpteenth time he said one more flat and we are going to turn around and go home. I think we were just north of Upalco when we had that last flat. Dad fixed the tire and then true to his words we turned around and went home. The interesting thing was that we did not have another flat tire between there and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment