Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dear Family


July 27, 2009


It was so good to see Allison and Lisa and the children at my birthday open house. I must say it was quite a surprise. I was sorry that the time together had to be so short. Thanks so much for coming. I also, want to thank all who sent me cards or letters for my Birthday. It was great to hear from you and to know that you are doing well. This last three week has really been interesting. I think the children have filled everyone in on most everything that has happened, that is about the red convertible and the open house.
You see, for years I have told the children that when I got rich I was going to have my self a Red Convertible. Well July 8 the children had a dinner for the family in my honor and when they came to get me Reed came with a Red Convertible. We drove to the UVU union building with the top down. The meal and company was wonderful. I think the children had fun. Then there was the Open House on the 18th . The people who come were such great friends and relatives. I really appreciated their effort.
Another thing that happened to me that they did not tell about was our President and Sister Cook’s home coming. To help this story make since I will give just a little background information. For all most nine years I was President Cook’s Executive Secretary. As you know when your work that close and long with some one there is a special love that is formed between each other. Then following President Cook I was President Jensen’s Executive Secretary for about three years or up until the time that I hurt my self and had to be released. Anyhow on a Tuesday evening I was at the Stake Center to have my recommend renewed and as I was sitting there waiting my turn President Jensen walked by me and as he did he leaned over and said “I will pick you up Sunday morning at 9:00 and take you with me to sacrament meeting at the second ward”. So Sunday morning he did pick my up and took me to the second ward. I had expected to sit in the audience but he took me with him to the stand. There I got a hug from President Cook and a hug from Sister Cook and then got to listen to them report their mission. To be able to share the stand with the three of them, for me was a neat but humbling experience. They had served in Argentina for three years where President Cook was mission President.
Deward, Reed and I were in the basin last Thursday to do some work at the Myton house. We changed the locks on the doors and went to Roosevelt for lunch at the Frontier. Deward and Reed had scons. While at Roosevelt we stopped in to see Ella’s Sister, June and Brother, Fay. June is recovering from an operation she had for cancer. She had also just had some skin cancers removed from her arm. It seems like when it rains it pours. Her husband, Kenneth, is looking after her welfare. Ken can now say that he is the Chief Cook and dish washer.

Love, Uncle Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment