Thursday, May 5, 2011

From Anna and Wilmer Murray’s Journal April 18, 2011

Monday, April 7, 1980
Lester came for us at nine o clock. We went for Ruth and were soon on our way to Vernal. I was awake at 4:00 A.M. so I was sleepy but made it fine. We saw Uncle Wills’ family. Thora, Anna, Phillip, Ward and his wife and three of Thora’s Children. We saw Eva at the chapel after we went to the viewing. She looks good. Has lost a lot of weight. Didn’t see Lee.
Lester dropped us off here at home then went on. We tried to get him to stop at Vernal or Roosevelt to eat but he thought he had better go home so he could stay on his diet.
After dinner I went to survey again.

Tuesday, April, 980
Spent the day surveying, people are nice to me. I am finding a lot of strangers but also renewing friendships. Five hours today.

Wednesday April 9, 1980
Iri’s birthday, he would have been 80. I worked on census until time to go to the Doctor. Dad’s blood pressure is still too high. Dr. White gave him some pills to try and said to come back in a couple of weeks. I’m concerned about Dad, he is too tired. I surveyed until 6:15 then worked here at home from 8:30 to 10:30. Six and one half hours.


Uncle Tom, Aunt Han and Grandfather James B Murray


Larry, Perry, Aunt Margaret, Leslie, Lester and Kent Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment