Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dear Family

Dear Family October 29, 2010


This month, like many before it, has gone by fast leaving in it’s wake many fond memories. It was fun having LaVora, Jerry and Marylyn here. While they were here we attended the Temple, shared meals, picked apples and grapes, dried apples, and tripped to the Basin. They have returned home now and I was glad to receive word of their safe arrival. It leaves it a little lonely but there is still plenty to keep me busy.
While they were here Jerry picked my apples and helped me pick the grapes. So all the time LaVora was here she was helping me do apples. She wanted me to do the grapes too but I decided that I would do them later. I should have taken her up on her offer because they, the grapes, started to spoil by the time I got to them. I however salvaged them and they are now in the bottles in the form of juice. I only have a few apples left I have been wondering if I want to dry them.

We were able to attend the Provo and Timpanogos Templs. It is always nice to attend the Temple with family. It seems they have made a few changes in the Temples. There is not as much carpet as there used to be. Maybe the tile is easer to keep up.

For the trip to the Basin Jerry decided to go by way of Wolf Creek Pass. It is always a nice drive because there is lots of beautiful country to experience. I was a little disappointed because when I told Marylyn to watch for the Elk, there wasn’t any. They were gone. We stopped at the Bluebell Cemetery. While there Jerry did a little pruning on the bush by Grandmother and Grandfather Winkler’s grave. Before going to Myton we stopped at the Frontier for dinner. Yes, we all had a scone with our meals.


I hope this note finds everyone well.

Love,
Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment