Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Family July 2010

It seems that July is about spent and before we know it we will be complaining about it being too cold, so for now let us enjoy the heat, all 103 degrees of it. Now let me see, what have I accomplished this month. Actually the month of July had been a stay at home month. This gave me the time I need to take care of my small garden, fruit trees and family and church responsibilities.



The peas and cherries are harvested and I just picked the last black current for this year this morning. I had a good crop of peas, a fair crop of currents but not many cherries. I think it was too cold for the bees to do their job this spring when the trees were in bloom. Deward, however, had a good crop so we concentrated on saving then from the little worms. I think we did a fair job. We could have probably bought a lot of cherries for what the bait cost. The next thing I’m concentrating on is the apples. I have been spraying them diligently every seven days. Come October we will see if it did any good.



This past Sunday I had the opportunity of being a speaking companion to the High Councilor. The High councilor was my former Stake President. I was his executive Secretary for several years. The Assigned talk was “building on our Ancestral Heritage”. For sentimental person like me it was a challenging assignment. But I got through it. It was nice to have Van and Charlene in the audience to give me moral support. There follows a line from my talk, “When I told my son the subject of my talk he suggested that I wear a Kilt.” I think this may have been interesting to some of the people at least I think I heard someone laugh. They were probably visualizing what I would look like.

Now that assignment is finished maybe I can relax just a little and start thinking about the trip to Nauvoo. Hope to see many of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment